Wednesday, March 19, 2014

STREAMS OF THE DESERT VOL. 1 - A GENTLE REMINDER THAT HE IS GOD

I don't know how it started but for many years I loved to read this wonderful devotional  and received many answers to prayer from it.

When I needed to find an answer to my problems, I would ask the Lord to give me a page number of a particular devotional that would be an answer directly from Him. And, to my amazement, I would always receive an answer. The devotional was exactly what I needed to hear for my situation.

From 1996 until her death in 2000 I would be praying constantly for help because my mother's mind was slipping. In 1996, in a still small voice, the Lord told me that I would have four more years with her. I had completely forgotten what He said to me.

On February 14, 2000 I asked the Lord if there was anything I needed to hear about myself or my mother?
The Lord gave me page 135. And, toward the end of the devotional, the following is what I read.

"The Lord gave and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord!"

My mother died the next day. It wasn't until after her death that I remembered what the Lord had said about another four years.

What is so great is that it was a gentle reminder that the Lord cared about my feelings and it kept me strong
and praising God.

You can always rely on the Lord of this I am certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment